Amenorrhea means that a woman of childbearing age fails to menstruate.
Secondary amenorrhea happens when a woman who has menstruated previously fails to menstruate for three months. Secondary amenorrhea can be caused by:
* Pregnancy (the most common cause)
* Breastfeeding (lactation)
* Menopause, the normal age-related end of menstruation
* Premature ovarian failure (menopause before age 40)
* Hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus)
* Stopping birth control pills
* Use of a long-acting progesterone, such as Depo-Provera, for birth control
* Tumors of the pituitary gland, especially prolactinomas
* Polycystic ovary disease, a condition that causes abnormal levels of estrogen, luteinizing hormone and other hormones
* Endocrine disorders such as Cushing's syndrome, in which there are very high levels of cortisol, an adrenal hormone, or hyperthyroidism, abnormally high levels of thyroid hormone
* Emotional or physical stress
* Rapid weight loss
* Obesity (ok i'm already v fat )
* Frequent strenuous exercise
* Chronic (long-term) illness, such as colitis, kidney failure or cystic fibrosis
* Chemotherapy for cancer
* Cysts or tumors in the ovaries
wadever.... i bet it was my mum feeding me weird stuff that i now have hormone imbalance... i mean i can't be having menopause rite? o.O
or maybe kidney failure? gahx.... e TMC guy said it was hormone imbalance so yar hopefully it's nt anything else... i just hope my mum doesn't feed me with anything else in e future... it's so damn irritating....
and i still have to go back nxt week to see him... sianx
my medication is disgusting too... 1 packet of brown "i dun noe wad" powder plus 8 black "stink like hell" pills every 5 hrs....
there comes a time
when broken hearts can't be fixed with tape
skinned knees can't be mended with loving kisses
and tears aren't cried at the expense of spilled milk
these are the times when you realise
what once was
exist only in your dreams
live for today.
i didn't want my picture taken because i was going to cry. i didn't know why i was going to cry, but i knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and i'd cry for a week. i could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full. - sylvia plath~~~~~~~~~~~