Wednesday, December 21, 2005

food for thought...

'we cannot just create our own comfortable or politically correct image of God & worship it. that is idolatry.'

things that i felt needed definition...
worship:
n.

    1. The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.
    2. The ceremonies, prayers, or other religious forms by which this love is expressed.
  1. Ardent devotion; adoration.

v.

  1. To honor and love as a deity.
  2. To regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion.

idolatry:
n 1: religious zeal; willingness to serve God
2: the worship of idols; the worship of images that are not God


somehow the word that comes to my mind is... I.R.O.N.I.C...
there are alot of reasons i guess.. but this word just sums up how i felt...

anyway, i seem to be falling in love with oldies recently... have no idea why too...
songs include:
潇洒走一回
走在铁路旁(夏之旅) (strongly recommended XD)
小城故事
海誓山盟
滚滚红尘

there are alot more but i just don't have the energy to list them out...

i would also like to say a BIG thank you to FAITH & WEILIAN
for dating me.. hehe... because
1. no one bothers to date me
2. & i don't bother to go to dates cus i just hate going out... i'm a hermit
soo... many thanks to these 2 darlings for dragging me out of the bed to orchard road lido to watch perharps love.. thanks! *hugs*
if u want me to rate the movie out on the scale of 10
i would give it a 6.5...
i don't know why... i think maybe it's cus i kept comparing it to moulin rouge... i mean tt was what the review in the ST's did so i just sort of expected it to match up to moulin rouge...
and for ur info, i DID cry for moulin rouge & i think the computer effects of this movie made me want to laugh when i'm supposed to cry. i'm just pampered by the wonderful effects of LOTR so unless u can do a better one than the one i saw in LOTR, don't expect me to go WOW...

the only person who loves u the most is urself

i got this quote from the movie... i think tt is the thing i agree with the most...
humans are selfish... admit it... everything just boils down to me, me, me & me alone...
i figured this out some time ago... so now i think that everyone is a bastard...
sorry i'm just cranky cus it's 6.20am

anyway, i had wanted to write a entry that goes like this:

I HATE U!!! U DON'T UNDERSTAND ME, NON OF U DO! URGH!!!

however i realised that for every min that i'm angry i loose 60 seconds of happiness...
i just feel very very depressed... because they would have understood... and because i'm not like a "normal" teenager... i hate shopping, i hate going out with friends, i hate watching movies, i hate eating in places that are not hawker centres...
and the most ironic thing is...
1. it's not because i have phobias of food courts or shopping centres
2. or that i hate my friends
3. i'm not poor as in i don't beg in the streets...
sometimes i think the only person who understands me the most is my best friend of 10 years... we just know each other so well that sometimes we can just say 1 word of a sentence & she can understand what i mean... it's sad that i can't follow her to tjc though.. *hugs julia*

recently i kept thinking that if i was rich, what would i do...
& the only thought that kept coming back to my mind was
1. to buy happiness...
i realised that even though ppl proclaim proudly that materialistic wants cannot possibly make u more happy than spiritual wants... i realised that that is only just something we hold on to in order to sound like u are a notch higher than the others... that u are different... but e fact is most of us can't live w.o them... it has become our way of life... try living in bukit timah for a week & see if u can be truly happy, climbing trees, fighting with monkeys over bananas...

i am traditional... just freaking bloody traditional... it makes me have low self esteem...

i betray my friends... avoid me... i'm just a loner...

d.a.r.k.n.e.s.s.d.o.u.b.t.s.h.a.d.o.w

No comments: