Schs... Remember these? Well, This really brings back so much memories. For those who studied in Singaporean primary schools... Remember these? Heartwarming & a little funny... the things we used to do...
50 things for Singaporean teenagers. Sit,enjoy and think back about the past...Were you one of these?
1. You grew up watching He-man, Transformers, Silver hawk & Mickey Mouse. Not to forget, Ninja turtles & Smurfs too.
2. You grew up brushing your teeth with a mug in Primary school during recess time. You will squat by a drain with all your classmates beside you, and brush your teeth with a coloured mug. The teachers said you must brush each side10 times too.
3. You know what's Bin(1) Fen(1) Ba (1) San(1) is all about.
4. You know what SBC stands for.
5. You were there when the first chinese serial, the Awakening was shown on TV.
6.Internet? What the hell is that? So you thought a decade or more ago.
7. You find your friends with pagers and handphone cool in Secondary school.
8. SBS buses used to be non-airconditioned. The bus seats are made of wood & the cushion is red.! The big red bell gives a loud BEEEP! when pressed.There are colourful tickets for TIBS buses. The conductor will check for tickets by using a machine which punches a hole on the ticket.
9.Your favourite actor and actress is Huang Wenyong & Xiangyun. Next is Lee Nanxing & Zoe Tay & the Aiyoyo woman.
10. You've probably read Young Generation magazine. You know who's Vinny the little vampire and Acai the constable.
11. You were there when they first introduced MRT here. You went for the first ride with your parents and you would kneel on the seat to see the scenery.
12. Movie tickets used to cost only $3.50
13. Gals are fascinated by Stra! wberry Short Cake & Barbie Dolls.
14. You learn to laugh like The Count in Sesame Street.
15. You longed to buy tibits called Kaka(20 cents per pack) & Ding Dang(50 cents per box), tt had a toy in it and it changes every week not forgetting the 15 cents animal crackers & the ring pop, where the lollipop is the diamond on the ring.
16. You watched TV2(aka Channel 10) cartoons because Channel 5 never had enough cartoons for you.
17. All that you know about Cantonese is from the Hong Kong serials you watched on TV2.
18.Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, The Three Investigators, Famous Five & Secret Seven are probably the thickest story books you ever thought you have read. Even SweetValley High & Malory Towers.
19.Civics & Moral Education was "Hao3 Gong1 Min2".
20. KFC used to be a high class restaurant that serve food in plates & let you use metal forks & knives.
21. The most vulgar thing you said was asshole & idiot & THE MOST EXTREME WAS 'super white'...you just couldn't bring yourself to say the hokkien relative.
22. Catching was the IN thing and twist the magic word.
23. Your English workbooks was made of some damn poor quality paper tt was smooth & yellow.
24. CDIS was your best friend.
25. The only computer lessons in school involved funny pixellised characters in 16 colours walking abt trying to teach u maths.
26. Waterbottles were slinged around your neck & a must everywhere u go.
27. Boys loved to play soccer with small tennis balls in the basketball court or play something tt uses tennis ball to hit other players known as "HUM TAM BOLA" during recess /after school
28. Hopskotch, five stones,chateh & zero point were all the rage with the girls & boys too...
29. Science was fun with the balsam & the angsana being the most impt plants of our lives.
30. Who can forget Ahmad, Bala, Sumei & John, eternalized in our minds from the txtbks. Even Mr Wally.
31. U did stupid exercises like seal crawl & frog jumps.
32. Every children's day & national day u either get pins or pens with 'Happy Children's Day 1993' or dumb files with Happy National Day 1994'.
33. In Primary 6 u had to play buddy for the younger kids like big sister & brother.
34. Chinese teachers were always old, boring & damn fierce looking.
35. Ur form teacher taught you maths, science & english.
36. The worksheets were made of brown rough paper of poor quality.
37. U went to school in slippers & a raincoat when it rained, & u find a dry spot in the school to sit down, dry ur feet, & wear ur dry & warm socks & shoes.
38. Famous Chinese singers were only Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok & Leon Lai
39. School dismissal time was normally ard 1 pm.
40. There would be spelling tests & mental sums to do almost everyday.
41. Ur friends considered u lucky & rich if ur parents gave u $3 or more for pocket money everyday.
42. During class gatherings, parents always tag along in case someone gets lost at Orchard Road.
43. U freak out when the teacher tells u to line up according to height & hold hands with the corresponding boy or girl.
44. Handkerchiefs were a must for both genders
45. Collecting notebooks & all kinds of stationery was a popular thing.
46. Autograph bks were loaded with "Best Wishes", "Forget Me Not", & small poems like "Bird fly high, hard to catch. Friend like you, hard to forget".
47. Class monitors & prefects loved to say "U talk somemore, I write ur name ah!"
48. There were @ least 40 people in one class.
49. Large, colourful schoolbags were carried.
50. You brought every single bk to sch, even though there was one thing called the timetable.
..:: end ::..