Friday, April 23, 2010

this was our story - past tense

I followed you down beneath the earth, past the pipes and the steam. Down. Down. Down. Until it grew hot and light turned back, to the air. Down. Down. Down. Darkness joined us, following me, following you. Down. Down. Down. Until we reached the heart of a world that didn’t know it had one.

I turned around and came back. Here.

Years later. I am not sorry I followed you. Only that I didn’t stay.

via iwrotethisforu

-----

beyond this newfound inner peace n happiness

there is always this guilt, trapped somewhere, trying to break free

i needed to find a reason

to convince myself that what i did was right

no matter how selfish it was, i just didn't want to hurt anymore

so first i chose silence, then it slowly grew to hate.

it was as if i needed to convince myself of a reason to hate

ironically, i needed to find myself a reason to forgive too

a bagfull of contradictions


i bolted, i.n.s.t.i.n.c.t.i.v.e.l.y.

maybe, i just didn't want to see u

or maybe, it was to run away from the guilt of seeing u.


this is our story, this was our story, past tense.

istillcantletgo =(

No comments: